Programme - LOCAL RESILIENCE TEAM
LOCAL RESILIENCE TEAM
Thanks to the momentum of the RESILOC project, the Local Resilience Team – LRT tool was developed: an informal group of citizens volunteers with tasks of awareness raising, dissemination and mapping of the local vulnerabilities on resilience, designed to function as the link between the citizens and authorities in charge of emergency response.
Local Resilience Teams are active participation tools for local resilience and civil protection policymaking. Membership in LRT is based on a voluntary basis, seeking to create a diverse group that includes knowledge and skills of the area.
Their role can be summarised as follows:
- Support their municipality in all project activities.
- Represent their organisation – knowing its processes and procedures.
- Learn how to use the RESILOC tools.
- Use the tools during trials.
- Help evaluators understand how RESILOC tools support their own role/work.
- Support evaluators to collect data.
- Work within the project framework in the field of ethics.
- Co-produce proposals for local, national and European policies on resilience and risk reduction issues.