Client: European Commission – Interreg Italy-Croatia
Budget: 2.897.500,00 EUR
Partner: Municipality of Caorle (IT); Municipality of Chioggia (IT); Municipality of Ravenna (IT); Municipality of Lignano Sabbiadoro (IT); Intermunicipalities Territorial Union Riviera Bassa Friulana; Municipality of Pescara (IT); Split and Dalmatia County (CR); Municipality of Porec-Parenzo (CR); Municiplity of Vodnjan-Dignano (CR); Municipality of Split (CR).
Description: The project aims at improving the quality, safety and environmental sustainability of maritime and coastal transport services, by promoting multimodality.
General Objective: Promotion of multimodality in Adriatic coastal areas and its hinterland in order to reduce car traffic (and thus carbon emissions) in the area and therefore improve the environmental sustainability of marine and coastal transport services.
- Improvement of multimodal transport services between coastal areas and hinterland;
- Establishment of new maritime links between Italian and Croatia (tourism oriented) urban centres;
- Implementation of smal scall infrastructures (eg. charging station for electric vehicles, bike sharing sytems, etc.) according to the specific needs of each area involved.
- 10 new, eco-friendly multimodal transport services for passengers;
- 1 new maritime link between Italy and Croatia (Caorle – Poreč);
- 1 jointly developed Crossborder Manual for smart design and integration of soft mobility solutions in coastal areas.